It’s summertime again, and that can disrupt your family’s schedule.
This can make it difficult to help your kids maintain good oral hygiene. These health tips will help you protect your family’s teeth this summer and help avoid any dental emergencies.
- Keep Up Good Oral Hygiene: Parents know its important for their children to brush at least twice a day and floss daily. Make sure to keep up the routine during the summer. When you go on vacation or the kids go to camp, make sure to reinforce the importance of a good oral hygiene routine.
- Throw Out Old Toothbrushes: When the seasons change, it’s a good time to replace your toothbrushes. Throw out old ones and replace them with new, and buy some travel-sized toothbrushes and toothpaste tubes for your summer trips!
- Schedule Your Checkups: Your kids will need a back-to-school checkup before they go back to school. Beat the rush and prevent any dental problems this summer! Schedule your checkups early.
- Stock a Healthy Kitchen: Invest in healthy snacks this summer and keep your kids’ teeth away from sugary snacks and acidic soft drinks. Choose fruits and vegetables, bottled water, cheese sticks, and other healthy snacks for your family.
- Prevent Dental Emergencies: Scheduling a checkup and providing healthy snacks are good ways to avoid dental emergencies but no matter what you do, they can happen. Your kids will be engaged in plenty of activities this summer and accidents may occur. Running around a slippery pool, diving into a shallow pool, or falling off playground equipment can result in a chipped tooth, so make sure to know what to do in those circumstances. If an accident happens, it’s important to get to the dentist right away. Before you go, clean the area with warm water and use an ice pack. If the tooth is a permanent one, put the tooth back in if possible or use milk to keep the tooth moist on the way to the dentist.
This summer, follow these tips to keep your family’s teeth safe and healthy! Schedule your checkup today.